Monday, February 12, 2007

Is installing a Storm Door Easy??

So...the weather here in the Mid-West has been very very VERY COLD! So, in order to better insulate our home and to save on energy costs, we decided to install a storm door. We went and checked out Home Depot and Mernards. Luckily, Mernards was having a sale so the cost of the door wasn't too bad...

We also didn't think a door would be hard to install so instead of paying someone to do it, we decided to do it ourself. Boy was it a challenge!!! Okay..maybe not too bad..but it was a lot harder then we thought. Everything was fine until we started screwing the door to the door frame. All of a sudden, it wasn't fitting as nicely. Since I am a perfectionist and can be stubborn, I think I was causing Andy to be a bit more frustrated. :) It wasn't that everything had to be perfect...I just wanted to make sure it looked nice. About 1 1/2 days later, we finished installing the door. HOOORRRAAYYY!! It actually turned out pretty good..let's just see how it looks in the Spring and Summer...hopefully it'll be okay. Andy's dad would probably be mocking us for how long it took..but, what can I say...we were rookies.

Anyway, installing a Storm Door is definitely NOT EASY. But, if we had to do it all over again, I would still want to install it ourselves. It felt so good when we finally finished installing it... :) It's definitely an accomplishment. I LOVE working on projects with my husband.

1 comment:

dots said...

So you must have done that in the COLD!! We put one in at our last house, during the summer, so we had everything laid out on the grass...after a bit, I just stepped away and let Mike work on it...we were both happier that way :) WAY TO GO on the DIY job!!