Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Taiwan

Andy, Andy's mom, and I were able to visit my parents in Taiwan for 4 days. I'm really glad we went because we had tons of fun! It was Andy's mom first trip to Taiwan so she was really excited to go. Plus, we were able to take wedding pictures there...I have always wanted to be able to take those pics since I saw them on my mission. They're really really pretty! Here's a basic break down of our stay in Taiwan:

Monday: Arrive in Taiwan at 3:05 pm. Mom and Dad meet us at the airport and we arrive in Taipei around 4:30/5:00 pm. We then look at all the wedding picture places and make an appointment. We then eat dinner and then choose the outfits for the next day.

Tuesday: 9:00 am we go to the picture place. They do my make-up and hair and we take tons of pictures until 4:30 pm. It was a long day! I had 5 different outfits and with each outfit they touched up my make-up and changed my hairstyle. It was a lot of fun but we were definitely tired by the end of the day. 5:30 pm we go and look at the pictures on the computer. We then ate dinner with my mission trainer and her fiance. It was fun talking to her and catching up. I'm excited for her wedding...she's getting married on Feb 3rd..so I would have just barely missed it. After dinner, we go back to the wedding place to finish choosing pictures. It was hard cutting pictures out because we liked a lot of them. We also had to re-negotiate the price and package since there was some miscommunication at the beginning. I think it all worked out in the end though. I'm excited to see the finished products!

Wednesday: We went to the morning market with Mom and Dad. Then Andy and I were able to be the witness couple for the missionary endowment session. We didn't know what to do but it worked out. I'm glad we were able to attend the temple. We were going to attend the Hong Kong temple but it doesn't look like we would have been able to make it. While we were in the temple, mom took Andy's mom around to buy stuff. I'm glad she had fun. After the temple, we went to the 101 building and then to the night market. It was fun! I wish we had night markets in America.

Thursday: In the morning, we went out to a place called Dan Shui. It was really pretty. We didn't get to stay long because we had to catch the 12 o'clock bus to the airport. It was nice to just stroll around the ocean/river...I don't remember exactly what it was.

Anyway, that's basically our trip. We all enjoyed ourselves and we were able to stay in the patron housing..which was nice because we had our own room and bathroom..plus, it was really big...well, just bigger then the room we have now. :) Anyway, we were just happy to spend time with mom and dad!

2 comments:

Heckachan said...

Sounds like you're having FUN! Can't wait to see your wedding pics; I bet you look beautiful! Were you able to find "modest" dresses to wear?

Tanya Sio said...

They didn't really have any "modest" dresses so I had to wear a shall to cover my shoulders. Even then it was still difficult. But, it worked out and the pictures turned out great!