Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gourmet Club

I had mentioned long ago that Andy and i were participating in the ward's gourmet club. Well, this month we were assigned to be the host. This meant that we were in charge of the main dish and it would be at our home. There were 2 things that made me a bit nervous.

#1 - I was a bit apprehensive because our place is on not very big and we only had a table and 4 chairs. Our group consisted of 4 other couples. How in the world could we have a nice dinner with that many people? Whenever we have friends over for potlucks, we just sit on the floor. Anyway, gourmet club was tonight so to solve the issue, Andy went to Wal-mart and bought a small table that came with 4 chairs. We figured it would come in handy and we needed to replace our other plastic table anyways because it got damaged during the summer rain storms. We then used our couch to fit the 10th couple.

#2 - Cooking the main dish. The main dish was a pork roast. I had never really roasted anything and I was concerned about it being really dry. I had some cooking tips from the cooking demos that I had been going too but i still wasn't sure if it would turn out good.

In the end, everything turned out great! The pork roast was very tender!! If it weren't for the tips I had learned, who knows if it would have been as tender as it was. The flavoring was really yummy too. Also, everyone didn't mind that we were a little cozy. It was basically all about eating good food and being in good company. After we ate, we we played a quick game of fluxx. I had a lot of fun and it was great getting to know more people.

1 comment:

TC said...

Shoot...Now I really have to come for dinner:)