Sunday, January 27, 2008

Early Birthday Surprise

So, on Friday, Andy and I planned to go watch National Treasure 2 at the theatre on Saturday. After we got home from work, Andy started asking me if it were possible that he didn't give me a gift on my actual birthday. I started playing around and saying it wasn't but of course told him that it was okay.

Anyway, Saturday morning we woke up to go to the gym and Andy said he wanted to go up to the cities. I said that I thought he wanted to go to see the movie. He said that he didn't feel like seeing the movie. So, I agreed to go to the city. After going to the gym, Andy was talking about how it was a long drive and he wanted to go up just to eat good Chinese food....also, we had to go up the following week for his biometrics. So, I said that we could just wait then. Andy said it was up to me but that I would really regret it. I knew something was up. We got home and I cut Andy's hair..then we started talking more about what we do in the cities. Finally, I asked him to tell me what we were doing. To my surprise, Andy had learned that the U.S. Figure Skating championships was being held in the cities. He knew I loved to watch figure skating so he bought tickets for Saturday night.

I was sooo excited!! Off to the cities we went. We stopped by the USCIS building to cancel his appointment for the next week since we were expecting his green card to come. However, the guy suggested we still do it since it was already paid for. Plus, we didn't know exactly when the card would come. Luckily, they were nice enough to let him do it right then and there.

The figure skating championship was a ton of fun! We watched the Senior Couple Dance and the Ladies Free Skate. I'm so happy that Andy bought the tickets for an early birthday gift. It was definitely a fun surprise for me! :) I'll have to post some pics later.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, awesome birthday gift! Way to go, Andy!

the boogeyman's wife said...

that's so cool! i'm glad you had fun - good surprise

dmarks said...

Did you end up seeing this movie another time?