Sunday, June 18, 2006

Adventure of the week!

Friday was a very interesting day...I was driving to the gym when I heard this 'POP' noise. I wasn't sure it was from my car but next thing I knew, my car was very load. It was like sitting next to the engine in an airplane. I assumed my muffler had gone bad but since I don't know a whole lot about cars, I wasn't sure. Anyway, I was nervous about driving my car. I thought maybe it would blow up or something.

Anyway, after working out, I spoke with Andy and my brothers. They confirmed that it was probably my muffler. So, I called around to a few shops. Estimated fixing cost was around $200. After speaking with Ted, I called Midas. They were about the same but the offered to do a free inspection to make sure the muffler was the problem. So, I made an appointment for later in the day...I also found a $10 discount coupon. :)

While I was driving to Midas, the car seemed to get louder and louder. I was 'embarrassed' and didn't want people looking at me. As I drove, I was constantly glancing at people to see if they were staring at me. I felt soo bad. In fact, there was one lady that was walking along the road that stared at me. But there wasn't anything I could do about it. Finally, I arrived at Midas. They put my car up and sure enough, the problem was the muffler. However, it was an odd problem. It looked like there was a backfire...instead of being flat, the muffler was bulging. No cracks or holes. The mechanics were baffled and had no idea what would have caused it. I guess it's not something you see in newer cars. But, at least we got it fixed and the car is now nice and quiet again. :) That's all that I could ask for.

Anyway, that's it for now.

No comments: