Saturday, December 13, 2008

Offroading - Green Sands Beach

So, Andy decided to upgrade to a jeep so we could see the areas that the guides said only 4-wheel drive cars could go. Anyway, on the first day, we didn't do anything that needed the 4-wheel drive. The next day, Andy was obsessed about wanting to go offroading so that he would feel that paying for the upgrade would be worth it. Anyway, after speaking with my brother Aaron, we figured out how to use the 4 wheel drive. As we were driving back to Kona, Andy saw several areas on the side of the road that would lead into the desert area....all of a sudden, he slows down and says "I want to do something." Next thing I know we are driving off the freeway into the area on the side of the road. Andy shouts in glee "Yeah! Offroading!!!" I just busted out in laughter. So, knowing that he loved to off-road, I told him we should make the drive down to green sands beach....we weren't going to at first because it would have been a long drive but it ended up being tons of fun! We got down to the area called south point...we were still kind of disappointed because it didn't seem like we really did any off roading. Anyway, we learned that the beach was further in...once we started in, Andy was very excited! It was my first time and I thought it was tons of fun. :) Also, 25 minutes of driving was a lot better than 1 1/2 hour hike. We were both glad that we made the trip! I will also need to make a mental note to tell Aaron to be careful of what he introduces Andy too. :) j/k

Anyway, here are a few pics from that as well....


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Way too fun! It sounds like you guys had a blast. I like the whole spontnous spirit you guys have!

mommasweetums said...

Tanya, I am soooo bad at this blogging thing. I just checked my blog today, it's been almost 5 months! Horrible, horrible. My real email addy is mommasweetums@yahoo.com
What's yours? Let me know if you ever check this too.