Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Magic Blanket Challenge

So, a while back, a friend of mine gave a challenge. You can read about the challenge here. She was one of my companions in the mission field and is definitely someone I look up to. She is awesome and a great friend!

Anyway, this post is way overdue. But, one of the things I've accomplished that I'm very proud of is our emergency plan. Our ward has been talking about being prepared for a while and at New Years, when I was home for Christmas, we had put together a 3 day emergency food storage. However, we still didn't have anything for emergency or have a plan. So, finally, I sat down and we bought an emergency pack that was made for 2 people and created our emergency plan. Basically, it just lists what each person is responsible for grabbing and where it is if we need to evacuate the house.

The next step in our emergency preparedness is gather all the important documents and contact information together. Hopefully I can get that done soon. You can never be too prepared.

Well, part of the challenge was suppose to take a before and after picture. However, I think it's okay if I don't post a before picture. Once I take some pictures of our emergency packs, I'll post it.

Thanks Suzanne for the great challenge! Also, it's definitely a fun challenge and you should all do it.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Tanya, I'm so happy you're doing the challenge. It really is a self-esteem boost!! I can't wait to see your pictures, you'll inspire us all!

Tell all your friends to email their entries to: srcalton@yahoo.com. Or they can just comment on the actual post:
http://chinacaltons.blogspot.com/2008/06/magic-blanket-challenge.html

Julia said...

Hey! That's cool! Maybe I'll have to do that, too! You'll have to post pics!