Saturday, May 17, 2008

Camping Time!!

Spring/Summer is FINALLY here!!! Up until the last 2 weeks, the weather has been horrible. It was either in the 30s or it was raining. So, to celebrate the nice weather, the first things we wanted to do after Andy was finished with classes was go camping. So that's what we did. :) I LOVE to camp so after checking the weather forecast to make sure it would cooperate, we decided to go camping at Forrestville/Mystery Cave State Park. Our friends, Ben and Sarah Joslin, were able to join us as well and we had a great time.

After arriving at the campsite, we started the campfire to cook to cook tin foil dinners. Tin foil dinners is one of my favorite things about camping. As we waited, Andy and Ben went off to the river to go fishing while Sarah and I stayed back to watch the fire. As we waited, Sarah and I chatted away and I learned that Ben was a good friend of a elder that served in my mission. What a small world!

Anyway, the guys came back and we ate dinner...had smores....and chatted....then off to bed. The next morning, Andy and I were up around 6 or 6:30 am (we are never really able to sleep in too long when we camp because of the sun)..so we got up and decided to go fishing. I really enjoy fishing as well and sometimes I don't want to leave if I haven't caught anything. Unfortunately, we didn't see any fish in the river and didn't catch anything as well. After about 45 minutes we headed back to the campsite to sit by the fire and eat some breakfast.

After breakfast, we walked on the trails along the river and just enjoyed nature! Everything was so green and beautiful. Being outside was just really nice. Hopefully the nice weather will keep up. :) I'll post pics later.

4 comments:

Tim Noble said...

Nice blog. I love camping...the weather in UK des tend to cause problems though.

Tom, Pauline, and Jacob said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm jealous.

Hansen said...

Sounds like it was so much fun!

Janus said...

I just LOVE coming across fun blogs to read. I hope you don't mind that I stumbled across your blog. I was actually reading Rosemary's and saw yours. What great luck.

Anyway--when are we going to do a Wii night?

Hope to hear from you soon--

Janus and Grant

Oh, check out my blog..www.threewheelers.blogspot.com

Later