Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Multiplying Fish!!

A few months ago, our fish Miracle passed away after adding a female guppy to be his companion. We were really sad since we had Miracle from the day he was born. I had bought a female guppy which lasted one night. I guess she died giving birth. Anyway, lately, our new guppy was getting really really fat and I figured it was because Andy was feeding her too much. So, she was on a "diet." She was still very fat and I didn't think she was pregnant because I did see the dark area on the back like I usually do. Well, surprise surprise, Andy was feeding her tonight and all of a sudden I hear him say something like "Holy Cow!" There are baby fish in the tank!" So, I rush over to take a look. We see 6 fish and thought that was it. Later on, I went to check on the fish and there are quite a bit swimming at the top. I ended up counting 10 of them! I was pretty excited. I love to watch baby guppies grow! Hopefully the tank won't be too small for them. :)

2 comments:

the boogeyman's wife said...

for a sec i thought it was your fish from the other day multiplying :)

that's cool you've got all them babies. they won't eat each other if there's not enough room will they? (i hope not anyway)

TC said...

I wanna see pics of the baby fish!