Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Donating Blood

I've never ever donated blood before but I decided it was time to do it to help others. Also, here at Mayo, if you or your spouse is employed by Mayo and you donate blood, you won't be charged for blood if you or your immediate family ever need it. So, I decided to donate blood yesterday. I was nervous at first because I wasn't sure if they could get enough out of me...my veins are small so sometimes I have a hard time filling up a small test tube. Luckily, we didn't have a problem and it really wasn't that bad. Plus, they said you can save 3 people by donating once. It feels good to know that I have helped 3 people and possibly save their lives. Anyway, maybe I will donate again sometime in the future.

1 comment:

dots said...

Crazy!! I've never donated blood either...but whenever they've done an OB panel on me, they warn me to drink lots of water before hand...still didn't work for me...